👋 Hi! I'm Lynn.
I'm a full-stack software engineer with more than 5 years of professional experience building and maintaining digital products and services, with a focus on the Web.
I specialize in building APIs, websites, and web applications using modern tools. Tech I have extensive experience in -- and enjoy working with -- includes PHP, TypeScript, React, Next.js, and Tailwind CSS, but I'm also always open to learning new things.
I'm mainly looking to work with ethical, human-friendly, forward-thinking companies that employ diverse, autonomous teams, and don't shy away from investing in good engineering. If that's you, you're in the right place!
Freelance Software Engineer2021 — current
DataCampSoftware Engineer · Contract · Aug 2021 — Feb 2022
I worked with DataCamp for about six months on a contract basis, writing mostly frontend code with TypeScript, React and Next.js. During this time, I worked with their existing team to help maintain and iterate on their public-facing web properties (i.e. everything on datacamp.com).
This included communication with stakeholders, code reviews, managing the software development process using Jira and GitHub, as well as implementing designs built in Figma by the design team.
Infostud GroupSoftware Engineer · Full-time · 2017 — 2021
At Infostud, I participated in the development of greenfield projects across the entire stack (frontend, backend, and DevOps), as well as being responsible for maintenance of legacy code, as part of the team behind Poslovi Infostud and HR Lab — the leading platforms for job seekers and employers in Serbia.
- Worked on the rewrite of Poslovi Infostud's ATS product (now HR Lab Assistant) using modern tech like PHP 7+, React, GraphQL, Docker, and Kubernetes. As of 2021, HR Lab Assistant was the most widely-used ATS software in Serbia.
- Built an internal payment platform that integrated with PayPal and NestPay (a proprietary payment gateway popular in the region) to enable HR Lab products to easily integrate credit card payments, as well as other payment methods. On average, tens of thousands of dollars worth of payments passed through this service every month.
- Maintained poslovi.infostud.com, the leading job board in Serbia, with over 1 million monthly unique users.
- Built the (as of 2021) current iteration of HRLab.rs, the website for the HR Lab brand, in collaboration with a designer, using React and Gatsby, and improving site performance by 300% in the process. I later migrated this site from Gatsby to Next.js, with no need for downtime or a feature freeze.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines for the team's codebases using GitLab CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Built an OAuth 2-based identity server for the HR Lab platform. This enabled HR Lab products to easily authenticate users through a central location.
- Built an OAuth 2-based frontend for the company's internal LDAP database, and retrofitted several internal tools to use it. This resulted in a significantly friendlier user experience for employees logging into these tools.